Friday 11 August 2023

Thinking about the affordances of Learn Create Share that cause accelerated shift

 The affordances of Learn-Create-Share that cause accelerated shift are:

- Engagement
- Teaching conversations
- Cognitive challenge
- Visibility
- Scaffolding

Manaiakalani Research Presentation: Manaiakalani Hui: 26.08.16 - Rebecca Jesson, Aaron Wilson, Woolf Fisher Research Centre.

I analysed the intervention that I am implementing in relation to this list. This is what I found:

Engagement: The students are all engaged with the learning. They are keen to give the problem solving a go, knowing that they will get supported after about 15 minutes with more information to help them solve the problem.

Teaching conversations: I have been having lots of conversations with teachers who also teach these children to ensure that what I am doing supports what they are doing back in the classroom.

Cognitive challenge: The children are definitely being cognitively challenged with the problems. They are all being given opportunities to extend their thinking.

Visibility: This is an area I think I am currently lacking in. The problems we have been looking at are added to a google slide which is visible for the children however the learning that goes with the problems is not being made rewindable and visible to the children. I need to think of ways I can make the learning more visible and rewindable.

Scaffolding: The way I am structuring the lessons is a good balance of allowing the children a chance to grapple with the problems whilst also scaffolding them through the process and new learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment