Monday 28 February 2022

Good inquiry happens in teams

At our Kāhui Ako meeting, we discussed the importance about inquiry happening in teams to make them effective and successful. I thought it would be useful to think about who my team will be.

So far, I am thinking about inquiring into my role as leading the PENN (Pt England Network News) programme and how this programme can be used to support confidence in children's oral language capabilities. 

So...who would be in my 'team' ?

Russell's inquiry into having "present, happy, healthy, engaged tauira who are learning in the goldilocks zone" definitely fits nicely with my inquiry. There are many opportunities for children to get excited about through the PENN programme. These include presenting, being a videographer or photographer and movie editor. 

The teachers of Team 4 and 5 are very much important in my 'team' as they are the ones who teach these children on a day-to-day basis. In the environment of living in a pandemic, having these teachers on my team is important to ensure the day-to-day running of the news, even if the children or myself have to be isolating at home. It will be important to consider how we will continue to have the news running if and/or when these scenarios arise. Regular conversations with these teachers will be important to decide on these children who would benefit greatly from the opportunities of the news as well as seeing progress of these children in their confidence and oral language.

In this inquiry, it is going to be important to have an 'innovation team' as well. This could begin through my 'Team 6' colleagues as well as the enablers group. These people will be important to bring new ideas to fruition to change up the news and provide more opportunities to develop confidence and oral language.

My Kāhui Ako teachers will also be extremely valuable. Through looking at my colleague's blogs I will find those teachers whose inquiries match with mine and which could benefit from each others findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment