Monday 17 February 2020

Gathering Data - The Plan

For this year's inquiry to be effective, I want a really strong way of measuring any increases in ability to think critically.

1. Get all children in the class to comment on our class blog.
2. The rubric below is a development of the one from the previous blog post. Using the rubric below, mark each blog comment.

(click to enlarge)

3. I want to focus on any children who are working at level 1-2 on the critical thinking rubric above. Children at level 3 and above are already showing an ability to think critically. Those in level 1 and 2 have not yet made the jump to thinking critically.
4. Once I have found those children who are working at level 1-2 of the rubric, I will make these children my focus group. I will look at their reading and writing levels.
5. Through reading and writing, I will encourage the children to be more critical in their responses (written or spoken).

Some critical thinking strategies:
- Some good critical thinking prompts
- Critical thinking texts
- Tips for Teachers
- Depth of Knowledge Diagram

Resources to look into:
- The kid should see this
- Critical thinking brain boosters
- The critical thinking companion
- 40 lessons to get children thinking
- The If Machine



No comments:

Post a Comment