Friday 5 April 2019

KPMG Day 1

Today the MIT19 PLG met at KPMG to continue on from where we left off at our MIT Hui three weeks ago. We began by sharing what is working and what we are finding challenging/ what we need help with. 

What is working: The children in my class are keen learners who are enthusiastic to try new things. In the cybersmart lessons I have taught so far this year, they have been keen to learn more. In addition, finding out about Interland has been fantastic! My learners are highly engaged in it and the game has very clear learning intentions set out for young learners. This will fit in nicely with the creation of my tool to enhance cybersmart learning.

What I am finding challenging: My big challenge at the moment is how I am going to measure student learning throughout the year. With inquiries based around reading, writing and maths, there are standardised assessment tools which have been proven to be effective. However, this is not the case for measuring key competencies (thinking; relating to others; understanding symbols, languages and texts; managing self and participating and contributing) and for assessing cybersmart learning.

Through discussions today, a few names came up of people who could be helpful in overcoming this challenge:

- Rebecca Jesson (Woolf Fisher Research)
- Aaron Wilson (Woolf Fisher Research)
- Stuart McNaughton (Woolf Fisher Research)
- Nina Hood (The Education Hub)
- Naomi Rosedale (Developing Digital Worlds)

These are people who I should be approaching over the next couple of weeks to ask questions to help provide direction in my inquiry in terms of what the greatest needs are and how to best measure student learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment