Monday 1 February 2016

Words.

Togetherness. Support. Challenge. Goals. Strive.

These are a handful of the many words which have been rushing through my head as we prepare for Tuesday 2 February 2016 - day 1, term 1 - at Pt England School! I learned the idea of consciously thinking of words that associate with a current experience/situation, a year ago whilst on a three week Outward Bound Course. We had to think of a word to encourage us through a particular challenge and write it in vivid on our forearms. This acted as a constant (and permanent) support throughout this task, as well as challenging, yet exciting tasks that would inevitably follow. This simple technique has been high in my thoughts over the last couple of weeks. I haven't got to the point where I have graffitied my arm, but my imagination is frequently stamping it there!

No comments:

Post a Comment