My Inquiry Problem/ Challenge: Children living in a digital world, where key competencies are essential, require ubiquitous access to scaffolds and resources which are not currently available.
- Being confident
- Digitally capable
- Critical thinking skills
- Being "literate in the languages, symbols and texts of digital technologies"
- Positive and meaningful relationships
- Respect of privacy
- Respect of freedom of speech
- A role model of these values
- Integration (online with offline)
- Achieving goals
This large list emphasises the importance of teaching digital citizenship in the classroom. Being cybersmart is just one aspect of this larger model of digital citizenship:
|Digital citizenship venn diagram [CC BY-NC-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/legalcode)] from netsafe.org.nz|